The Online Wiener Archive
Wiener-Gruss building, next to the Central Library
Sun. Tue. Wed. 10:00 - 16:00
Mon. Thu. 10:00 - 18:00
On Fridays and holidays -
the Library is closed
Wiener Library - Wiener@tauex.tau.ac.il
"Wiener TAU Online Archive", the digitization project of Wiener library in Tel Aviv University, gives access to thousands of documents kept in the library’s archive. The project initiated in 2015 with the generous support of the Claims Conference and with the kind assistance of Yad Vashem.
This documentation was collected by Dr. Alfred Wiener and his team before, during and after the war and the Holocaust.
The Alfred Wiener Documents include:
- Official correspondences of the Nazi authorities in the 1930s and 1940s.
- Official records from concentration camps.
- Official records of Jewish agencies and societies before and during the war.
- Personal letters which shed light on the state of the Jews in occupied Europe and more.
- Postwar documentation regarding the state of Jewish refugees and Jewish communities.
The documents were cataloged, labeled and gradually uploaded to the library catalog. Each cataloguing includes the details of the documents, the subjects of the text, as well as an English abstract and a link to a PDF version of the original file. The cataloguing is integrated with the DaTA system of the University’s libraries. The documents can be searched and viewed by researchers, students and the general public from any computer, inside and outside the campus worldwide. A unique historical collection of the Library that is currently being digitized is the "Judge Hadassa Ben-Itto Collection." It contains an extensive information and variety of primary sources concerning the trials on the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. This collection alongside documents on the subject from the Wiener Archive, constitute one of the most comprehensive collections of the Protocols worldwide.
We would like to express our gratitude to the Amis Français de l'Université de Tel-Aviv and La Fondation pour la Mémoire de la Shoah for their generous support of this project.
- Alfred Wiener Documents »
- Hadassa Ben-Itto Collection »
- Bern Trial, Bern, Switzerland , 1934-1935 »
- Protocols of the wise men of Zion »
- Grahamstown Trial, Grahamstown, South Africa, 1934 »