Visitors and Guests
The Central Library warmly welcomes researchers and visitors.
We invite you to use our collections in the fields of Humanities and Fine Arts.
Admission (by presenting the attendant an up-to-date card)
- Students and staff of the Tel-Aviv University and of other Israeli Univeristies*.
- Tel-Aviv University Pensioners.
* Bar-Ilan, Ben-Gurion, Haifa, Hebrew University, Technion, Weizmann Institute.
Admission (which requires payment)
- College Students
- We are open to the public - whoever wishes to enrich his knowledge.
For more information
The libraries search system, DaTa, and the databases are available and can be used via the library computers.
- Locating items using the DaTa system is also available from off- campus computers, but full-text books/articles are not accessible.
- Wi-Fi access is possible using the Free-TAU network.
This free Wi-Fi network enables internet usage, but restricts accessing our secured databases.
For more information
- Visitors from other Israeli Universities can borrow books once submitting a "statement of guarantee" from their University's library.
Please notice - books cannot be borrowed from the Limudit (undergraduate) library
- Purchasing a subscription can enable one to borrow book. For more information
- Please notice – this subscription does not enable borrowing books from the undergraduate (Limudit) library, nor does it enable ordering books via the Interlibrary Loan Department.
- Browsing through the list of titles you had borrowed and checking their due dates is possible via My Library Card
Use your I.D. Card number an birthdate (DDMMYY) to login.
- Books can be returned to the librarians at the circulation desk or to the return box at the library entrance.
The books should not be returned past their due date.
- The return box is closed between on Sunday-Thursday between 17:00-20:00 and on Friday between 11:00-12:30 .
- Books which have been claimed and are due on Friday should be returned by 12:00 to the librarian at the circulation desk.
Printing, photocopying, scanning services and ordering materials in Microfilm format cost money.
Printing is possible from all library computers - not from laptops.
- You can use the black & white printers at the entrance floor, at the undergraduate (Limudit) sub-library, at the bottom floor and at the two top floors.
The color printer is located at the entrance floor.
- Scanning is possible using the combined Photocopying machines on the two top floors and at the bottom floor.
Library rules of behavior
- Entering the library with your bag(s) is allowed. It is possible to deposit the bag(s) in the deposit box at the entrance.
Storing items in the deposit box requires a 10 NIS coin (which will be returned upon clearing the box).
Do not leave personal belongings unattended. The library is not responsible to any damage done to such items.
Eating or drinking is permitted only in designated areas, smoking is prohibited.
Cellular phone use is prohibited in the reading halls.