Microform reading room
Collection code: CZ
Sourasky Central Library building, Gallery floor (Mezzanine)
Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday
10:00 - 17:00
Monday 13:00 - 19:00
Tuesday 10:00 - 19:00
The microform reading room contains micro-reproductions of books, journals and newspapers in microfilm reel or microfiche sheet format.
This unique collection houses the following material:
- Israeli daily newspapers: Ha'aretz, Yedioth Ahronoth, Ma'ariv
- Daily newspapers of Torah Jewry: Hamodia, Hatsofeh, Yated Ne'eman
- Historical Jewish and Israeli press in Hebrew: Al-HaMishmar, Davar, LaMerchav, HaBoker, Herut, Doar-Hayom, Hadashot, HaMaasef, Hazit-HaAm, HaMevaser, Hashkafa, columns of the Hebrew writers association in Israel, Ketuvim, etc.
- Historical Jewish and worldwide press in the following languages: English, French, German, Yiddish, Russian, Spanish, Afrikaans
- MA Theses from various fields of study previously preserved in microfiche format
- The Genizah database of ancient Hebrew scriptures
- Historical scriptures in a vast array of languages
- Congressional publications
Patrons may make use of the following services:
- Browse the microform material using the available desktop readers.
- Request photocopies of the material. Please note that the photocopy service is provided for a fee at the microform reading room only.
• Students enjoy special rates.
• Alumni are entitled to a 30% discount.