The books and periodicals in the reading rooms are part of the library's open shelf collection arranged according to the Dewey Decimal Classification System.
Each reading room holds a display of current periodicals filed by subject.
General reference books in various languages are located at the entrance hall.
Head of Section
Irit Grofit email@example.com
The reading room on the first floor holds books and periodicals with an emphasis on the following subjects:
Classics and Ancient History (collection code: CC or CCG); General History; Geography; Middle Eastern and African History (subject scope includes: Arabic Language and Literature, Islam and History); Social Sciences; Psychology; Philosophy.
In addition, the reading room houses the Assaf Simchoni special collection on military history (collection code: CS).
In the reading room there is a reference desk and several computer workstations.
The librarians offer patrons reference services and guidance. They are also responsible for developing the reading room's collections in collaboration with academic faculty members of the relevant departments.
- Irit Grofit - Middle Eastern and African History, Islam
- Michal Yatzkan - Women and Gender studies, Diplomacy and Security studies
- Anat Hirsch - Philosophy
- Judith Brull-Assan - General History
- Dan Cordova - East Asian Studies (including history)
- Mor Cohen-Raz, PhD - Classics and Ancient History
- Golda Swed - Arabic Language & Literature