Computer and Internet Access
Computer terminals at the library
- Library users have 80 computer terminals at their disposal allowing them to conduct searches in the library's catalogue, retrieve data from dozens of available databases, write papers, watch videos or simply surf the Web.
- On the ground floor there are 40 computer terminals, an additional 21 are located at the Limudit (undergraduate) sub-library, and another 10-14 at each of the reading/study floors.
- All computer terminals are connected to the internet as well as laser printers. Each and every one of the terminals features the following software: Microsoft Office, Explorer, Chrome, and Mozilla.
- All computer terminals have earphones and USB sockets for use of data storage devices.
- You may conduct a quick search at two of our available touch-screen computer terminals, the first one located at the entrance floor and the second at the Limudit (undergraduate) sub-library.
Please note that these are public computer terminals; do not save personal files/documents on the desktop.
Humanities and Arts students as well as faculty members may borrow one of our 24 available laptop computers. The laptops feature relevant programs/applications, and usage is limited to the library's premises.
Laptops may be borrowed from the circulation desk upon presentation of a valid student/staff ID card.
Internet is accessible throughout the library via two optional networks:
Public-TAU - The recommended network for TAU students, which allows access to Databases.
Login requires a username and password (see: accessing the network).
- Free-TAU - This network allows all users to use the internet, but blocks access to the TAU databases.
No username is needed –you may register by using "free-tau" as an access password.
Free-TAU-Click here for more information
Accessing the network
- Choose the Public TAU (SSID) network while browsing all available networks.
- You will be asked to key in the initial login password (WPA) publictau.
- When uploading the browser you will be asked to login using your TAU username and password (which is your TAU E-Mail username and password).
To print from your laptop please press here for instructions »