Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Interlibrary Loan is a service which allows users to access materials available at Israeli universities and colleges other than Tel-Aviv University.
The service, which is a joint venture of Israeli Universities, is available for a fee. The cost of ordering materials from colleges is usually higher.
Please note: the service does not apply to all Israeli colleges.
Materials not available at any Israeli university or college can may sometimes be ordered from libraries abroad.
The following Israeli universities participate in this joint venture:
- Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Bar-Ilan University
- Haifa University
- The Hebrew University Libraries
- The Technion
- The Weizmann Institute of Science
- The Ben-Gurion Research Institute for the Study of Israel & Zionism
One can request items which are not owned by any of the Tel-Aviv University Campus libraries.
Please confirm, via the DaTa system, before submitting your request(s) that the item(s) is/are not available at any of the Campus Libraries.
There are 3 exceptions under which item(s) can be requested even if the catalog shows them listed in TAU libraries collections:
- "Lost" or "Missing" status – If the item can't be located on the shelf. Please ask the librarian to search for the missing book – After an intensive search; the librarian may change the status to "Lost" or "Missing".
- "Binding" status.
- If you've encountered any "Special/Unusual" circumstances – please elaborate. We may allow exceptions.