Library services during Corona Days - Green Pass
As of Sunday, May 2nd, entering the library does not require reservations!
Entrance will only be possible after presenting a Green Pass/Recovery Card + an I.D. Card to the attendant at the library building lobby.
■ Library will be open Sunday-Thursday 08:30-19:45 (We are closed on Fridays)
■ The Wiener Library will be open on Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday 10:00-16:00, Monday & Thursday 10:00-18:00
The Wiener Library is closed on Fridays
Please check for updates via our webpage, Facebook, Instagram (regulations change occasionally)
We warmly invite you to use the library online services. Do follow the notifications, which could change every now and then. Updates can be viewed via the library homepage, Facebook and Instagram
Entering the Library building
Following the "Green pass" regulation we have enabled studying in the reading halls and study zones.
Special stands with sanitary tissues are placed at the library entrance and on each floor. Cleaning your "Study zone" is mandatory at the beginning and at the end of your "Study session".
- It is mandatory to come equipped with a mask. No one will be allowed to enter campus and/or the library without a mask
Wearing a mouth & nose face mask is obligatory throughout your stay at the library.
- void congregating in groups inside the library and to maintain a distance of at least 2 meters between individuals
Work stations and study rooms
- The number or work stations has been set in accordance with “Green Badge” regulation – only 75% of the library area can be used.
- The Gallery Floor study rooms have to be reserved in advance, Using an online platform. The study rooms can be reserved for up to 4 daily hours.
** Please notice: Gallery floor room reservation is only possible for Humanities & The Arts students & staff members **
Up to 3 people can study simultaneously in a study room.
Loans and Returns
- Circulation services provide the lending of library materials during all hours of library operation.
- you may also borrow books via the online form
Equipment can be borrowed - laptops, chargers, electronic dictionaries, etc.
- Library books will only be returned through the drop box at the library entrance.
When returning books which were requested via the Inter Library Loan (ILL) service please attach a note to the book emphasizing the fact it was an ILL book.
Delivery of books
This service is an option available to the TAU community via an online form. Books can be delivered to your home address using commercial delivery companies.
Reference and instruction services
- Reference and instruction desk will be open from 9:00-19:45
- Reference and Guidance services will also be given remotely – via E-Mail, Chat, Telephone or WhatsApp (more information at the bottom part of the webpage)
- Most of Library computers will be out of service. Use your Laptops/iPads/Cell Phones
Black and white printers, a color printer, photocopiers and scanning machines are available next to room 122 by the circulation desk on the entrance floor.
Black and white printers, photocopiers and scanning machines are also available in the lobby of the first and second floor.
- Eating and drinking will not be permitted within the library
- The following library collections will remain closed (until further notice):
- The microform reading room
- The Faitlovich Collection
- The Special Collections floor
- The Archive of Jewish Education
Remote access to the library resources
Accessing the online resources from an off campus computer is possible by defining the Proxy Settings which complies with your computer's browser / operating system or any other smart device.
Are you looking for….
- An article or a book which is available online >> Find it on DaTa
Please notice – DaTa search results can be refined to items which are available in an online format
- A printed book >> Fill a scan-on-demand online form
- An article or a book chapter which are not available at the Tel-Aviv University
>>Fill and Interlibrary Loan online form
- Assistance/Guidance >> Ask a Librarian
Reference and Guidance remote services
Please use any of these channels to ask us questions and seek help in using information sources
03-6408423 | 03-6406891
Chat – Library homepage
WhatsApp – 050-5075982
Interlibrary loan services
One can request (free of charge) scanning articles, book chapters from the library collection and from other libraries in Israel and abroad, using the interlibrary loan online form.
Printed books can't be requested from other libraries abroad!
Free access to Academic content during "Corona Days"
Out of their will to encourage and assist remote learning many vendors enable TAU students and staff members free access to their online collections (even collections the library is not subscribed to)
The list of free use Databases/resources is dynamic so we advise to check it regularly
This webpage will be updated upon any changes/developments
All questions/queries can be forwarded by E-Mail: email@example.com